11 February 2010

MANGOlomaniac, culinary music, make my day!


MANGOlomaniac, culinary music, make my day!


Lets see, I can't quiet keep up with posting all this crazy food in the blog, nor keep up eating it all by myself, but giving away this wonderful food is great and educational fun.
95% of the people i give it to have no idea of the scale of waste, that is hidden right in front of their sleep-walking selves, so to speak "hidden in plain view". I must say, it wasn't that much different for me although i have been a recycler and reuser all my life pretty much, but if I would throw something away it usually pretty much is real garbage, so why would anyone throw away perfectly good bicycles, clothes, radios, you name it, even food.
So yes, even my awakening is always gradual, as more veils are lifted and the magnitude of our decadence is revealed!

Here comes the last few days of wasted then rescued multitudes, multivitamins......Yum, still Yum!

ALNATURA SUPER NATUR MARKT NO1, FRANKFURT, SACHSENHAUSEN
FEB 6, 2010

A gargantuan load of bread for a bicycle, I had to do two trips.



Unaware that there is another side to the coin, there always is another side to anything,
people under hypnosis wouldn't even notice an elephant in the middle of the room they are in


See all the bread on the shelves late afternoonish, either it is sold by the time they close, or they give it to "Die Tafeln" for the needy, or when they already have to much, as often the case all across Germany, it is just dumped.
Can't stress it often enough: At ALNATURA, employees do not get a discount on ecofood, nor are they allowed to take home the expired things.
A\They could get fired for taking any of the stuff they are forced to dump as employees, the very stuff, that makes up my smoothies, my bread and butter these days, my past-time, my diving trips.....



So the first load went home, fill up the freezer, i love shopping when the price is always right!


Then I went out again to get as many of the breads, as above, as possible, I wasn't going to let it go to waste tonight. So I filled all my four bike bags, my backpack, and a plastic bag with the wholesome breads, even more apples, bananas and mandarins, that they had dumped in the meantime, between my first trip and the second, just 1 1/2 hrs apart.
Then I cruised downtown to find homeless folks who needed bread and fruit, it was well received and very educational for me.
I even found an icelandic theology student, who had been on route from Reykjavik Iceland to Israel tom study the dead sea scrolls, when he had all his belongings and money, credit card stolen in Frankfurt, waiting for a transfer of funds, hanging out in the cold trainstation at night.
He was very thankful for bread, bananas, apples, mandarins, and help to a warm place to stay.

An older woman with a cute little dog and a wooden cart, who because of her dog wasn't allowed into the homeless kitchen, was also very happy to recive that bread, sorry folks, no pictures of all this........I just didn't feel it was right to.....ahahahaaaaaa, wel I think i'm a bit shy taking pictures of people, especially when they are in a situation, they don't really want to be in, perhaps even ashamed to sit and beg.


There still is music in the city
and it is almost never German, the lively ones are from abroad, and add color and flair without a wage, but they do earn a living somehow


Basically the same thing at BASIC, Bio für alle, Bio-Supermarkt,
Monday, Feb 8, 2010


a bunch of salvageable oranges, i got about 4 kg out of there

And another day, with even more music, cruising the city for a bike tool, i couldn't help myself checking the ALNATURA BINS IN SACHSENHAUSEN
TUESDAY, FEB9, 2010


YEAH THERE WAS A GREAT AMOUNT OF BUNS, CROISSANTS, CAKE BITS
this lovely musician had a few, while he spiced up the city on the Eiserner Steg.
Good Energy Man, Thanks!
I left a trail of these goodies all ovber with everyone i had to deal with looking for that damn tool, hahahaha, it was a good way to educate through example and action!
Very effective, word of mouth shall never be underestimated.

10+ Mangos looking for new Eaters, "Eat me eat me, i was made by Nature to be eaten!"
At ALNATURA, FRANKFURT BORNHEIM


No comments:

Post a Comment